All data we collect as a Society is handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We assume that by filling out one of our event feedback forms, you are consenting for a member of the Christian Union (CU) to contact you with either relevant information about our society, or if stated, for a member to arrange a meeting with you.
To enable us to do this, we need to store said contact information such as name, course studied, email address and/or mobile phone number.
We are committed to comply with all Data Protection Act (DPA) guidelines, and for us to do this we have taken the following measures:
- All data will be held offline, and all files with private data will be password protected and held by a responsible member of the CU, overseen by a member of the Executive Committee.
- All ‘hard’ copies of any feedback forms will be destroyed once the relevant information is gathered from them.
- Information may need to be passed to members of the CU to enable them to get in contact with someone, and all of this information will be strictly confidential. We have training and guidance in place to inform CU members on the correct handling of data.
- We will never disclose the data to 3rd parties, and it will only be used for purposed stated on the feedback forms.
- All the data we have shall be erased and destroyed at the end of every academic year.
- We will only contact you through the means you have given us. [i.e. not over facebook]
- You are able to ask us to remove your details at any point.
If you have any more questions, or wish to see any information that the CU may hold on you please send an email to email@example.com.